BAKED SALMON WITH STRAWBERRIES AND SPINACH
- 4 (3 ounce) salmon fillet, skin removed
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 lb. strawberries, diced
- 2 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 Tbsp.chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp.fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 lb. baby spinach leaves, rinsed but not dried
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Cover tray with baking sheet and place salmon on top. Sprinkle throughly with lemon zest.
Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until cooked through.
Put diced strawberries, kiwi, cucumber, jalapeño, mint and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a medium bowl and toss until combined. Set aside.
Heat a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add spinach, with water still clinging to leaves, cover and cook 5 minutes or until wilted, stirring occasionally.
Stir in remaining lemon juice. Divide spinach among plates.
Top with salmon and salsa and serve.